We’re now taking speaker proposals for WordCamp San Francisco 2011. We’ll take applications for 2 weeks, until June 15, and announce speaker selections as they are made, with the goal of finalizing the lineup by July 1. If you’re interested in being a speaker, please fill in the form below. If you’d just like to suggest someone else as a speaker, leave a comment on this page to send us your suggestion.
What we’re looking for:
- Good public speaking skills
- Specialized knowledge/expertise that makes you the best possible person to talk about the subject
- Unique point of view
- Love of WordPress and the desire to give something back to the community
Note that if you are engaged in a WordPress-based business, there are additional requirements that apply to all WordCamps:
- Respect the WordPress trademark. Any person or business currently misusing or infringing on the WordPress trademark will need to fix any misuse before they will be allowed to take on a sanctioned role in any WordCamp.
- Do not promote others who fail to respect the WordPress license or trademark. If a person or business does not distribute WordPress-derivative code, but promotes those who do, those they are promoting should meet the guidelines above. If not, then it’s like WordPress is promoting them, if you remember 10th grade math. 🙂